Before we getting start with the WordPress Security Plugins, I will give you some example that will make you clearly understanding why we need a WordPress Secure plugin.
Let’s Imagine you buy new house and the investment cost really high price then properly need to buy insurance package to protect your house from danger and avoid from any happening or something like that…
And you may also bought some of security system for your house like camera and install it in-front of your door to scared the bad guy such the alarm notify to make sure it protect your investment safe.
So you need to think the same ways for Secure our WordPress Site.
When You start a blog, Woocomerce store, small business site you also invest on hosting, theme, plugins, web development and hire people to do things for you.
So we need to make sure that we need our website to secure from the hack to safe our investment right?
Then it is the WordPress Security plugins that can help your website secure from the back people and keep it aways online to make your customer always access able and get good user experience on visiting your website.
And the most importantly is you need to make sure to protect the money that make in future from your investment on blogging.
Then we need to choose the best WordPress security plugins that can help our website 100 percent secure.
By default WordPress core has some security system, but it not 100 percent secure your site so we need to have third-party plugins to helps use on securing our website.
So what feature we are looking for the WordPress Security Plugins?
- Active security monitoring
- File scanning
- Malware scanning
- Blacklist monitoring
- Security hardening
- Post-hack actions
- Brute force attack protection
- Notifications for when a security threat is detected
- Much more
First Prior is Choosing Secure Web Hosting
There several web hosting but today I will recommend you two best WordPress Hosting that secured your WordPress site.
And those hosting provider is the most popular hosting platform that you should use to host your website with them.
Siteground the best WordPress hosting that review by many blogger and this hosting company getting really popular hosting on the website it come white really features and blogging requirement and the most important of Siteground is the speed of the website it already optimize for boost the website speed.
You can start with this Hosting company from $ 3.95/Month to $ 11.95/Month on the WordPress Managed Hosting plan.
With the following features details…
- Free SSL & HTTPS
- Cloudflare CDN free plan
- Free Megrator
- Free WP CLI and SSH
- Unmetered Traffic
- Wordpress Super Cacher
- Much More…
On this hosting plan you will get the feature by following details…
- Start from $ 30 Per month
- Free CDN
- Free Premium Migration
- Free SSL & HTTPS
- 20 Global Location
- Multi-user environment
- and much more…
14 Best WordPress Security Plugins
After you know all above then it time to getting know of the WordPress Security plugins that we should use to protect our website from the hack by bad people.
1. Sucuri Security
Sucuri security plugin is the best WordPress secure plugin for any type of WordPress website by Sucuri Inc company this plugin offer both version free and paid.
This plugin will audit your website security and report you what wrong are going on with your website and it come with lot of great feature by following details below…
- Security Activity Auditing
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Remote Malware Scanning
- Blacklist Monitoring
- Effective Security Hardening
- Post-Hack Security Actions
- Security Notifications
- Website Firewall (premium)
2. iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security)
iThemes security plugin are give you more than 30+ ways to secure your site and it offering both free and paid version to let you protect your website better with budget.
It bring up lot of good features to protect your site from the hack, you can the most valued pro features by following details…
- Two-Factor Authentication – Use a mobile app such as Google Authenticator or Authy to generate a code or have a generated code emailed to you.
- WordPress Salts & Security Keys – The iThemes Security plugin makes updating your WordPress keys and salts easy.
- Malware Scan Scheduling – Have your site scanned for malware automatically each day. If an issue is found, an email is sent with the details.
- Password Security – Generate strong passwords right from your profile screen.
- Password Expiration – Set a maximum password age and force users to choose a new password. You can also force all users to choose a new password immediately (if needed).
- Google reCAPTCHA – Protect your site against spammers.
- User Action Logging – Track when users edit content, login or logout.
3. All In One WP Security & Firewall
All in One WP security plugin is another choice of the best WordPress security plugin that you can use to protect your website and it was develop by expert and it easy to use, stable and well supported WordPress security plugin.
Feature that make All in One WP Security a good choice
- The WordPress security plugin has a blacklist tool where you can set certain requirements to block a user.
- You can backup .htaccess and .wp-config files. There’s also a tool to restore them if anything goes wrong.
- The plugin shows one graph to specify how strong your website is and a graph that designates points to certain areas of your site. It’s one of the best features for the average user to visualize what’s going on with the security of a site.
- The plugin is free without any upsells along the way.
SecuPress security is growing rapidly and this plugin known as develop by the WP Media company who develop the WP Rocket Cache plugin and Imagify.
This plugin is really helpful in protecting your website from the hack and it good choice ever time you need a protecting plugin for a site.
What make this plugin is a Good Choice.
- The UI in SecuPress is probably one of the best! This makes it very easy to use, even for beginners.
- The premium version definitely adds a lot of value. Check 35 security points in 5 minutes, get a nice report, and then harden your WordPress site.
- It includes the ability to change your WordPress login URL so bots can’t find it.
- Helps you detect themes and plugins that are vulnerable or that have been tampered with to include malicious code.
5. Shield Security
Shield Security is another best WordPress Security plugin that you can choose for your site security protector because this plugin also the most popular that has tons of people are active and install this plugin on their site and it also offering the both free and paid version.
Here is the great feature of the Shield Security provided make it as a good choice.
- One of the only security plugins that restrict access to its own settings to certain users.
- Smarter protection with features that work tirelessly in the background without bugging you with notifications.
- The only security plugin to offer three types of two-factor authentication for free and an option to select which users that may use it.
- Pro upgrades for everyone at $12/site – bulk pricing without the bulk purchase.
- Pro delivers 6x powerful scans to detect problems in all areas of your sites
6. Wordfence Security
Now we come to the last best WordPress security plugins that we can use on our WordPress to protect bad happening on the site and this plugin are the most value and popular one of the internet security.
It has developed with lot of desire features that you ever need on protecting your website and it come a long with a beautiful user interface that make you easy to control and check the securing status.
Here are the feature of Wordfence Security…
- The free version is powerful enough for smaller websites.
- Developers can save tons of money when they signup for multiple site keys.
- It has a full firewall suite with tools for country blocking, manual blocking, brute force protection, real-time threat defense, and a web application firewall.
- The scan portion of the plugin fights off malware, real-time threats, and spam. It scans all your files for malware, not just WordPress files.
- The plugin monitors live traffic by viewing things like Google crawl activity, logins and logouts, human visitors, and bots.
- You gain access to some unique tools like the option to sign in with your cell phone and password auditing.
- The comment spam filter removes the need to install a separate plugin for this.
- It monitors your plugins and lets you know if they have been removed from the WordPress plugin repository (usually due to being unsafe or being hacked) are no longer being updated and have been abandoned.